Kunshan, China – Travel Guide
Kunshan is very close to Shanghai, the largest city in China, so it's pretty easy to get in from nearly anywhere.
There is no airport in Kunshan. People come to Kunshan by plane mainly through airports in Shanghai or Suzhou.
Pudong (浦东机场, IATA: PVG) is Shanghai's main international airport, 92 km to the east of Kunshan.
Shanghai's older airport Hongqiao (虹桥机场 IATA: SHA) services domestic flights, the only exception being the city shuttle services to Tokyo-Haneda, Seoul-Gimpo, Hong Kong, and Taipei-Songshan, it is 42 km away to the east of Kunshan.
Sunan Shuofang Internation Airport(苏南硕放国际机场 IATA: WUX) is a relatively small airport shared by Wuxi, Suzhou and some other small cities nearby, it is 41 km to the west of Kunshan.
Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity express rail, Beijing-Shanghai high speed rail and the old Shanghai-Nanjing railway ran through Kunshan, so it's very convenient to get in and out by train.
There are two railway stations in Kunshan, the old Kunshan Railway Station, which mainly services conventional low speed trains and cargo trains, and the new Kunshan Nan Railway Station which services high speed trains and intercity express trains.
There are several long-distance bus stations in Kunshan, they provide scheduled bus services to Shanghai, Suzhou and many nearby towns and villages.
Specifically, there is a bus service to Kunshan from Shanghai, which has buses running from 10:30 to 19:30, every hour on the half hour. The ticket price was 76 yuan and the journey was about one hour. Passengers can buy the tickets in Gate 6-7 and Gate 8-9, Arrival Hall, Terminal 1 (T1), or in the ticket office for long-distance buses at the exit of bus parking area, or in the Airport Long-Distance Bus Station. The bus used on this route is a sleeper bus so you get a fairly comfortably bed and a blanket.
- Kunshan Science Museum, Qianjin Middle Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China. edit
- Tinglin Garden, 160号 Tinglin Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, ☎ +86 512 5751 0923. edit
- Qinfeng Tower, Nanwan Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China. edit
- Kunshan Stadium, Kunshan, China. (31.386152,120.905201) edit
- Kunshan Urban Ecological Forest Park, Ma'anshan Middle Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, ☎ +86 512 5759 1130. edit
- Qiandeng Ancient Town, 1号 Shangshu Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, ☎ +86 512 5747 2152. edit
Aozhao noodle is one of the most famous foods in Kunshan.
There are numerous Japanese teppanyaki restaurants in Kunshan, offering all-you-can-eat and drink deals for around 150rmb. These are located mainly along Bailu lu, at the intersections of chaoyang road and zhenchuan road.
Oasis Bar, Bailu Lu. Best bar in town, great western food and friendly people.
- Polman Hotel (昆山波尔曼酒店), 1098 West Qianjin Road (Qianjin Xi Lu),Kunshan. The Polman Hotel (Bo'erman Jiudian) is located in downtown Kunshan, about 5 km from Kunshan's railway station. For business travelers, this hotel offers the business center and variously-sized conference rooms. There's not a whole lot to do at the hotel, but there is the option of perusing items in the shop, or playing chess or cards. For those looking for something more social, there is a selection of private KTV rooms on the premises. edit
- Courtyard By Marriott Kunshan (昆山万怡酒店), 888 East Qianjin Road (Qianjin Dong Lu) kunshan, china. Situated at the intersection of East Qianjin Road and Middle Huangpujiang Road, the Courtyard By Marriott Kunshan (Kunshan Wanyi Jiudian) is within easy reach of the Huangpu Chengshi Park. edit
- Kunshan hotel, (昆山宾馆), 99 North Renmin Road (Renmin Bei Lu) Yushan Town Kunshan, . Kunshan hotel, a four-star luxury international hotel, is located at the prime area of kunshan city. With the metropolitan Shanghai to the east and the renowned ancient city Suzhou to the west, it enjoys very convenient traffic (only 35 minute's drive from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport). edit